"Through music education students become fluent in the language of music as artistic, intellectual, and cultural expression. Performing, creating, and responding to music provide means for development and growth. Learning to read and notate music opens for students the limitless body of musical styles, forms, and repertoire, and allows them to see what they hear and hear what they see. Fluency in music brings understanding of contemporary and historical cultures, as well as self-knowledge."
- The Massachusetts Arts Curriculum Frameworks
The Music Department of Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School seeks to offer musical education to all interested students.
The Music Department
- Develops and follows a curriculum that adheres to the National Standards and Massachusetts State Frameworks for Music Education.
- Provides students with opportunities for musical growth and increased aesthetic sensitivity in music.
- Provides students with performance opportunities.
- Provides a vehicle for students to connect with their community.
- Provides students a means to acquire instrumental and vocal skills.
- Discovers the musically talented and provides them with additional experiences to maximize their musical growth.