Date and Time
November 21 2020 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Your students and their families are invited to the 13th annual College Access Fair for African-American/Black and Hispanic/Latinx Students & Families. The virtual event will be held from 11 am to 3 pm on Saturday, Nov. 21. The event will feature 60+ private colleges and universities from across New York and workshops on planning and paying for college.
Click here to register to attend the virtual College Access Fair for African-American/Black and Hispanic/Latinx Students & Families.
Registration is free and open to all. Please share this with your students and their families. We ask that students register individually so they will receive a unique link for the event.
Here’s a preview of the day’s schedule:
- 11-12:30 — Workshop: One2One: Q&A on College & Careers Workshop for Young Men of Color (this workshop requires separate registration, click here to register)
- 12-2 — College Fair – 60+ independent colleges and universities, undergraduate + a number of graduate colleges/schools
- 12-2 — Appointments with Financial Aid Experts available in English and Spanish
- 1-2 — Workshop: How to Pay for College
- 1-2 — Workshop: Cómo Pagar la Universidad
- 2-3 — Workshop: Prep for College Success (for students)
- 2-3 — Workshop: Preparing for the College Process (for parents/guardians)
- 2-3 — Workshop: New York State Dream Act with UnLocal
Note that the One2One: Q&A on College & Careers Workshop for Young Men of Color is the only workshop that requires a separate registration. This is a wonderful session with a great opportunity for young men of color to make important connections, registration is required and is limited to ensure small group discussions. Click here to register.
Spread the word! Click here to download event flyers: English | Spanish
The 13th annual College Access Fair is co-hosted by the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities in New York and Fordham University, with support from the Bloomberg Philanthropies.