Date and Time
|February 15 2020(All Day)
These four-year renewable scholarships provide support for 100% of Day Division tuition, fees, and room and board for Mancuso Scholars for up to eight total semesters (excludes Continuing Education and summer coursework at FSU). In order to foster a shared financial investment in baccalaureate studies, these scholarships do not include cost of books, travel, and miscellaneous expenses.
Mancuso Scholars must:
- Apply as a high school senior and graduate from a Massachusetts high school;
- Apply to the English major or specified FSU Humanities/Social & Behavioral Sciences major on the application for admissions (see eligible majors below);
- Have at least a 3.5 recalculated high school GPA at time of application;
- Enroll as and maintain continuous enrollment in either the English major (for the Mancuso English Scholarship) or one of the specified Humanities majors (for the Mancuso Humanities Scholarship) or one of the specified Social and Behavioral Sciences majors (for the Mancuso Social & Behavioral Sciences Scholarship). Mancuso English Scholars may not change their major; however Mancuso Humanities Scholars and Mancuso Social & Behavioral Sciences Scholars may change their majors as long as they select an eligible major that aligns with their specific Mancuso Scholarship;
- Demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA and the FSU Financial Aid Office;
- Report receipt of outside scholarships to the FSU Financial Aid Office. If a student receives an outside scholarship, the Mancuso Scholarship will be reduced by the amount of the other scholarship(s). The intention is that the students receive full tuition, fees, room and board for four academic years at FSU;
- Demonstrate strong “studentship” skills, habits of mind, critical thinking skills, and writing ability.