The programs, equipment, resources and teaching expertise of the Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School are made available to adults on the same calendar of days that the high school is open. Adults may enroll in the Post Grad Technical Training Program to further the technical skills they already possess, to retrain for new employment opportunities, or to learn for the first time the career skills that will generate a competitive income.
Adult programs consist of 1000 hours of technical training to be completed over a ten-month period, in the same labs, shops and classrooms as the high school population. While high school students only spend every other week in their technical programs, the adult student spends every week focused on technical skills acquisition.
Post graduate students are admitted to Assabet programs on a space-available basis. Generally, sessions will run from September until mid-June.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Automotive Technology
- Auto Collision Technology
- Business Technology
- Computer Programming & Web Development
- Culinary Arts & Hospitality Management
- Design & Visual Technologies
- Drafting & Design Technology
- Electrical Wiring
- House Carpentry & Millwork
- HVAC - R
- Metal Fabrication
- Painting & Design Technologies
1. Attend an information session.
2. Schedule a personal interview.
3. Present a high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
4. Show proof of immunizations: two doses of MMR and a current Tetanus shot. The Hepatitis B series will also be necessary and must be started within
30 days of enrollment if needed.
5. Submit photo ID for a CORI background check.
6. Valid MA Driver's License may be required for some programs.
After meeting all admissions criteria, a 3 day exploratory session in the program will be scheduled. Candidates will participate in the program tasks at their own level of familiarity, complete an introduction to the materials and equipment, and be able to evaluate the program in terms of their interests and talents. The instructor will also be able to determine the candidate's attitude and aptitude.
Upon successful completion of the exploratory session, candidates must make a $200 non-refundable deposit(registraton fee) to hold their place until the start of the program, or pay the fee and the first tuition installment if exploring in September.
Tuition varies based on your home community.
The following communities are considered to be In-District: Marlborough, Hudson, Northborough, Southborough, Westborough, Berlin, and Maynard
||$2,800 per year*
|Out of District
* includes the $200 non-refundable deposit and monthly payments thereafter.
In order to qualify for in-district tuition, an applicant must be a resident of the district prior to January 1st and must provide proof of residency by submitting a notarized form from the city/town clerk. In district includes residents of: Berlin, Hudson, Marlborough, Maynard, Northborough, Southborough and Westborough.