Objective of State Scholars Initiative:
To encourage all high school students to take and complete a defined rigorous academic course of study to prepare for success in career and technical education, military service, college or university coursework, or entry into today's competitive job market.
Benefits of State Scholar Initiative:
- For students: Academic preparation
- For employers and the business community:
- For the community: Motivated students and teamwork
Minimum Core Academic Requirements:
- 4 years of English
- 3 years of mathematics (including Algebra I, geometry, and Algebra II)
- 3 years of science (including biology, chemistry, and physics)
- 3.5 years of social studies (including U.S. history, world history, U.S. government, world geography, or economics)
- 2 years of the same world language (non-English)
- 2 years of health and physical education
*At the end of the student's sophomore year the student must have a minimum 2.75 Q.P.A. in order to continue in the program.
*In order to graduate as a State Scholar, a student must achieve a minimum Q.P.A. of 3.0 at the end of his/her senior year.